We started this blog a couple of months ago originally as personal space to store, tag, and share recipes with friends. It is one reason why we have no official first post, just entries like “Grandma’s Oyster Stew” and “Mom’s Meatloaf” where I ported recipes over from my old personal website. Every week since then, I continue to discover new foodie blogs that inspire me, or resources like Rancho Gordo mentioned below. There’s no question that I’ve become a better cook by engaging in the foodiesphere.
And I’ve said it before, but boy-oh-boy does the foodiesphere have a huge sweet tooth!
I love the new discoveries. One unexpected example is the delicious restaurant Lisl and I went to last night, which I never would have pulled from the Manhattan haystack save for a recommendation from Stacey over at Stacey Snacks, who I met through Foodbuzz.
In no particular order, here are a number of blog recipes from the last couple of weeks that I want to try later when inclination strikes. This isn’t meant to be any kind of “best” list or any of that nonsense – just things that caught my eye that I will forget if I don’t write down.
- Tamarind Trees: Peng Poh Nyoat Bongkeea – Stuffed Tomatoes
- Artsy Foodie: Memories of Socca (chickpea crepes)
- Smitten Kitchen: kefta and zucchini kebabs
- Simply Recipes (guest posted by Steamy Kitchen): Shrimp Fried Rice
- Leftover Queen: Italian Style Mac n’ Cheese (I looove Mac and Cheese variations. Here’s my favorite version)
- 101 Cookbooks: Curried Bean Salad (I was also excited to learn about the heirloom bean provider Rancho Gordo, and am waiting for my first delivery to arrive!)